Subject: [Leica] Two Inherited Items
From: David Binder <dbinder@on.aibn.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 14:14:31 -0400

I have just inherited an old folding metal device by Leitz which fits
into the camera flash bracket and frames by way of cutouts in a metal
panel, the various lenses of a rangefinder camera. It's red cardboard
box says 'Leitz Rahmensucher". Is this just a poor man's version of the
glass finders? Seems handy to have finders for all the lenses in one
package though. Anyone out there use one of these?

Also just inherited a practically mint Kodak Retina II, with a Shneider
Xenon F2/50 lens, serial # approximately 348500. I've shot my first roll
of film with it and was surprised at the excellent quality of the
photos. Has anyone had experience with this camera or know where I can
find out more about it?

- -David Binder