Subject: Re: [Leica] Keeping XTOL
From: "Tom Furlotte" <tfurlott@midsouth.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 11:51:19 -0500

Mark,
  I did not intend to cast Xtol as a "niche" product, but Kodak did use
that word in their letter to dealers when they made their announcement.
Many products will no longer be offered in  sizes aimed at the small
volume user.  Paper for 8x10 color prints will not be sold in 25 sheet
packs, quart sizes of some BW chemistry will not be available,  B&W 4x5
sheet film will be sold on 50 sheets only, several developers are
discontinued,  etc.  Apparently Kodak products are only for the big
volume users.  Just as Kodachrome 25 has gone, so will many other
products.  Fortunately there are Ilford products that I am quite fond of
that suit my"small potatoes" needs.
Tom Furlotte
Memphis TN USA

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Keeping XTOL)