Subject: Re: [Leica] 1.25x magnifier "in person"
From: Peter Klein <pklein@2alpha.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2001 14:29:01 -0700

Mark:  Do you wear glasses?  What focal length did you find is the cutoff
for seeing the edges?  Also, how much darkening of the viewfinder did you
observe?  Did it hamper focusing in available light situations such as the
steak house?

If a .72 finder with the magnifier is like an M3, then with my glasses, I
wouldn't be able to see the edges with a 50, but a 90 would be fine.

If I can get used to the contact lenses I'm trying, I could use the
magnifier for both 50 and 90, taking it off for 35.  With glasses, I
suspect 50 would be like 35 is on my M4-P now--I end up cropping a bit
'cause I didn't something at one side or other of the viewfinder.

- --Peter Klein
Seattle, WA

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] 1.25x magnifier "in person")