Subject: [Leica] Adjusting Rangefinders - technical advice
From: Howard Cummer <cummer@asiaonline.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2001 14:03:22 +0800

Hello Luggers
I have the adjustment of my Bessa R rangefinder down to a 5 minute
operation so I don't get upset when it drifts out of alignment - I just fix
it. I have had my Hexar RF into the repair department of Konica three times
and I have watched the long suffering Mr. Leung adjust the finder on the RF
closely enough that I think I can do it myself. But I have a question -
what type of solvent should I use to soften the adhesive so that I can lift
the covering of the front of the camera on the right side of the lens in
order to get at the screw which holds down the front side of the top cover.
Also what glue do I need to glue down the covering after the adjustment is
made. Thanks for your input(s)
Howard Cummer.

Replies: Reply from D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg> (Re: [Leica] Adjusting Rangefinders - technical advice)