Subject: [Leica] R7 VS RTS II
From: Craig Semetko <csemetko@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 10:27:26 -0700

Thanks for the info, Mehrdad. The great difference in lens prices makes me
lean towards the Contax system, and Simon makes (thanks as well for the
input, Simon) the same point. Although he does mention service is
non-existent, and that gives me pause. It's also good to hear both of you
say there's no real difference in the German/Japanese glass, although I am
sitting on two German lenses, the 85 and 180. To answer your question, I
believe it is the one with the 67 mm thread, though I'm embarrassed to say
I'm not sure. It's not marked on the lens and I have no other lenses with
that filter size so I can't say definitively. The serial number is 3324628.
It looks about 67, though.

Thanks again,

Craig