Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica IIIc
From: Michael Durling <durling@widomaker.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 08:51:41 -0400 (EDT)

Pablo,

What you have there is a IIIf not a IIIc.  The little dial around the
shutter speed dial is the flazh synch dial.  The IIIc does not have this
dial.  It sets various delays but for electronic flash just set it to 20
and the shutter to 1/50 and it will work correctly.

They are indeed beautiful cameras.  I have had mine since 1973 and will
probably never get rid of it.  It is great for all kinds of picture
taking.  It works great with the 15 Heliar and with many other LTM lenses.

I wouldn't worry about the ding on top.  It probably doesn't affect
anything as long as the camera is working right.  The tight locking is
probably just a bent part and can be easily fixed.

Give it a good test and if you still like it, go for it!

Mike D