Subject: Re: [Leica] Image Stabilization revolutionises telephoto available light?
From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 12:33:41 -0700

Simon.
 wrote:
>>> I can't imagine that you got the wonderful results that we see in 'This
is Our Work' by sending the doctors and nurses flying around you.<<<<

Simon,
Heck no those docs had all the scalpels! ;-) And because my wife is a
retired nurse I was, "by law of she who must be obeyed! Kindly to the
nurses!"  :-)

>- I was thinking of being surrounded by the people you are
photographing.<<<

I think what I said earlier, if you're not thinking about it and
concentrating on the subjects, you are shooting and handling the camera
quicker than what I perceive the IS would make any difference.  Particularly
if you and subject are on the move.

However, I can see when working in low light level with the shutter speeds
dangerously low and the subject isn't moving, IS would be helpful. But I
must clarify my opinion by saying, I've only read about them and not had one
in hand.  Therefore any comments I make please consider null & void if I'm
completely off base.

But then I'm still an old fart back in the dark ages of high end technology,
both cameras and computers! ;-)
ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant