Subject: Re: [Leica] Ruined slides -- is Kodachrome the solution ?
From: Dave Hillman <dave@hillmanimages.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 19:46:42 -0700

Pascal,

Why not process your own film?  BW is easy and according to Jim Brick, so is
C-41. Based on his recommendation we are trying the latter.  I notice a huge
difference in two areas with the BW processed at home and color from the
local lab.  The BW is clean, scratch free and consistent in quality as
compared with the color.  Check out the Tetenal 1-liter C-41 kit which is
about U.S. $20 depending on your source and discount.  If it works as
expected, the 5 liter kit which is a much better value proposition will be
next.

We have no darkroom and go all digital after getting negatives.

Dave