Subject: Re: [Leica] System Compatibility and Equipment Reliability
From: Tom Finnegan <TomF@piengr.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 10:01:26 -0700

John Collier noted:
Ahh the Isuzu Trooper :-). It has an undocumented safety feature. If you
forget that you have bicycles on your roof rack and enter your garage... the
roof of the Trooper comes right off!
************************************

I can personally attest to the fact that under the same loading conditions a
1984 Subaru wagon only suffers slight damage to the rain gutters, whereas
ultralight carbon seatposts experience rather spectacular brittle failure.

My wife witnessed a Range Rover (not sure of exact model or year) loaded
with 4 very expensive Italian bikes perform a similiar test. She didn't
recall how the car faired, but the bikes were only functional as garden
sculpture afterwords.

Yakima doesn't make any Leica M roof mounts, but maybe Mr. Collier could rig
something up and perform some tests for us. I suspect that the silver chrome
lenses will perform a bit better, but that's just a guess.

Tom "Oh F***!" Finnegan
Seattle