Subject: RE: [Leica] R-8 Shutter
From: "Mehrdad Sadat" <m.sadat@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 09:26:18 -0700

first i heard this.

_____________________________________
Thanks, Mehrdad

[-----Original Message-----
[From: owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
[[mailto:owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us]
[Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2001 7:00 AM
[To: leica-users
[Subject: [Leica] R-8 Shutter
[
[         Question:
[                   Has anybody out there had any problems w/ their
[         R-8 shutters? I bought an R-8 in December of 2000, new at
[         a local camera store. It has seen very light use. About a month
[         ago, I noticed the seconed from the bottom blade had a lateral
[         crease in it, and, the blade below it had a "burr'. I returned
[         the camera back to Leica, via the store were it was purchased.
[         I got the camera back in three weeks. A reasonable period of time,
[I think. They replaced the shutter. The salesman told me that the
[ blades are super thin because of the 1/8000th top speed and it doesn't
[ take much to damage them. The camera has performed well overall. I'm
[ trying not to get "gun shy" about this camera. Any opinions would B
[ welcomed.
[                            Rich Palmer
[
[---
[--- vicmalta@earthlink.net
[--- EarthLink: It's your Internet.