Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: 1.25 Magnifier
From: "Mehrdad Sadat" <m.sadat@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 16:35:31 -0700

yes, u can screw it on the maginifer!!

_____________________________________
Thanks, Mehrdad

[-----Original Message-----
[From: owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
[[mailto:owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us]On Behalf Of Jim Brick
[Sent: Monday, October 08, 2001 3:18 PM
[To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
[Subject: [Leica] Re: 1.25 Magnifier
[
[Frank,
[
[Will it work with a diopter?
[
[Jim
[
[At 02:44 PM 10/8/2001 -0700, you wrote:
[>OK... it arrived today and I am excited.....
[>
[>First.... the magnifier fits inside a small threaded portion of the M (
[>M1-M6, including the M5, of course not the MD or MDa) VF.  Nothing to
[>remove, just screw it right in.
[>
[>Second... the magnifier, when used on a .72 body allows both eyes
[to be open
[>at the same time.....an old thread, but the way I learned to shoot a RF
[>camera.  Both eyes open.
[>
[>Third... I tried the Magnifier out to see if the VF lines are
[more or less
[>obscured than without the magnifier.....  I wear glasses.  WIth my glasses
[>on, no Magnifier, I can not see the 28mm framelines without
[moving my head.
[>With the magnifier on, I need to move my head MORE to see the 35
[framelines.
[>YMMV.
[>
[>Fourth... the actual coverage angle is the 75mm framelines with the
[>magnifier on, and expecting little to NO VF vignetting.  The 90mm is a
[>better "fit", as there is really no vignetting at this frameline size.
[>
[>FIfth... the little chain and catches will be necessary to keep the little
[>gadget from getting lost.  The threaded part only engages about a
[1/2 turn,
[>making eventual loss pretty likely without something to catch its eventual
[>unintentional unthreading.  The case it comes with is pretty dorky, but at
[>least allows a place to store the thing......I wish there were room for an
[>extra battery as well in there.... it is also too big to fit inside the
[>Tom-RapidWinder spare batterty compartment.
[>
[>
[>
[>Frank Filippone