Subject: Re: [Leica] Ruined slides -- I've had it now
From: Gwpics@aol.com
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2001 02:46:30 EDT

Pascal

Regretfully there is normally a disclaimer somewhere saying that acceptance of material for processing is on condition that liability is limited to the value of the film. There is, however, a overriding condition generally in European law that no contract may contain unfair conditions, and people have taken legal action in the past on this point against film companies and won. It could be a long, drawn out process and you may lose. I think I would threaten heavily and come to a comprimise if that is at all possible. I think that the fact hat you are not professional is irrevelant although obviusly your losses will be less.

Sounds to me as though the film got 'lost' in the processor somehow. My sympathies are with you as it only ever the best ones that get ruined. Good luck!

Gerry