Subject: [Leica] Peeved at choice of material - M5 flash shoe
From: Vick Ko <vick.ko@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2001 10:34:24 -0400

I wanted some pictures of my son yesterday, and it was a dark and
miserable day.
So I decided to pull out a flash, and put it into my M5.  When I took
the flash off,
there was a nice groove, engraved into the plastic bit and the metal
stud on the
flash hot shoe.

I was so annoyed that Leitz would have chosen such soft material for
this
potentially high wear area.

Maybe it's their way to assure that the camera gains a "wear mark" -
kind of like
ripping the seal off of disks for software.  You used it, you own it.

...end of vent... please return to normal programming.

Vick