Subject: Re: [Leica] 1.25x magnifier "in person
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 06 Oct 2001 13:42:17 -0400

I won't go to the mat for an SLR at 50 mm, but I find that with the 50
as I back away from the subject I begin to run into problems in terms of
the size of the image and focusing - which is not as much of a problem
with the SLR. The other arguement in favor of the SLR is the ability to
focus much closer....But I'm not arguing that the 50 isn't reasonably
compatible with the rangefinder.....But it certainly is the cut-off
point....For me the real rangefinder advantage/glory, lies below
50...which is where I do the great bulk of my shooting anyway...