Subject: [Leica] Re: Re: partial roll.
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2001 19:55:24 -0700

At 09:44 PM 10/5/2001 -0400, Johnny Deadman wrote:

>I sincerely hope the lab folks ignore your kind help and open up the can,
>thus avoiding making the film go through the light trap again and getting
>scratched by the crud it picked up in the camera bag/your pocket/somewhere
>you don't know!
>
>If I ever found a lab not opening a can I'd change my lab!
>--
>John Brownlow

One hour labs pull the film out through the cassette lips. That's how they
do it in the daylight. They hook a plastic leader to the film tongue, stick
it in a light tight box, stick the leader into the processor, close and
lock the lid. If you don't leave the tongue out, they use a film leader
snagger to pull it out of the cassette.

But pro/commercial labs do not use these machines for the most part. They
open the cassette and take out the film, just like we do in our own darkroom.

Jim