Subject: Re: [Leica] More Airline regulations
From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 18:46:03 -0700

Dan Kong wrote:
>>> Might be best to hang 2-3 cameras round your neck (and looking like some
> clumsy tourist) so that you don't have to worry about this camera bag
> controversy.<<<<<

Hi Dan,
One way that used to really throw check in security off with cameras was
when my son Scott and I traveled to some of the international games,
Olympics etc. To avoid checking gear and loss by thievery or just going
missing by accident, was when we'd arrive with the following gear in hand.
Including a shoulder bag with other cameras and lenses. :-)

Scott would have a Canon with 300 2.8, and another Canon with 400 2.8 and
ready to go. I'd have an R with motor, 280, shoulder brace and pistol grip
as well as a 400 2.8 on another R camera, it's some sight boarding a plane.

But they all fit nicely in the overhead bin above us and we never had any on
board hassle and we always arrived with our gear intact.

Did we look like clumsy tourists? uuuuuum I don't think so. ;-)

Today? well I'm not sure .
ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant