Subject: Re: [Leica] The great slide show software search (long)
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2001 16:11:02 -0400

At 12:38 PM 10/2/01 -0700, you wrote:
>Is it possible to synchronize audio?  I understand that you can embed a
>sound on a page, but a key feature for is the ability to have the slide
>transitions synched with an audio track, just like we used to do with tape
>decks and multiple projectors.  You don't want a break in the audio whenever
>a slide changes.  You've seen those Ken Burns documentary productions on
>PBS, where hoe shows old photographs, with background music and narration on
>top?  That's what I'm after, but at a resolution that is high enough (at
>least 1024x768) to be projected with pleasing results.
>
>--Jim

Jim -

You can do this with PowerPoint.  For both music and narration you would
have to put both on the same sound track, tell PowerPoint where to start
the sound track and where to end it and time all of the slides
inbetween.  There is no break in the audio when a slide changes.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com

Replies: Reply from "Jim Laurel" <jplaurel@nwlink.com> (Re: [Leica] The great slide show software search (long))