Subject: Re: [Leica] air travel USA to Europe ?...
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2001 19:43:34 -0400

Hi, Steve - The open plastic bag and hand inspection may well not win
them over...It worked for me at most stops on my recent schlepping back
and forth from the U.S to UK to Amsterdam, to Bilund in Denmark, and
then later to Heathrow to Glasgow...but coming back from Glasgow to
Heathrow - ironically only about an hour before the first plane hit the
WTC - and inspector refused to hand inspect my zip=lock bag of film and
made me put it through the x-ray machine....Somehow I doubt that
anything is going to get hand-inspected now without FIRST going through
the machines....

One thing to consider would be Fed-Exing your film ahead to your hotel
in Paris - the other thing would be to buy it over there, even if a bit
more expensive - then Fed-Ex it back to your lab for processing....

Good luck -

B. D.