Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: OT - Leicina
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2001 10:04:02 -0400

At 04:42 PM 9/29/01 +1200, Eng Yeo wrote:
>Does anyone  reading this forum has any knowledge of the production models
>and year of productions of Leicina?
>
>I do not have a complete set of Leitz catalogue to draw information from
>(but so far I had identified 5 models) and McKeown's is not complete as they
>stated only 2 models.
>
>Any info would be gratefully appreciated.

A rough stab:

Leicina 8S		1962 - no later than 1972
Leicina Super RT-1	1972 - at least '75
Leicina Special	1975 -

The problem is that Leicina was not often covered in the Leitz Photographic
Catalogues but in separate brochures.  I have a stack of Zeiss Ikon and
Rollei movie brochures but don't have any of the Leicina ones, to my
knowledge.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bąs fir gun ghrąs fir!