Subject: [Leica] Re Chocolate Box
From: Simon Stevens <simon@camera-craftsman.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 21:19:53 -0400

>I hate to be the one to say it...But why would one want to be good with

>"the kind of pictures that high street photographers excel at?" I
>personally consider most such photographs highly formulaic drech...(Not

>your photo Simon!) As I parent, I have never wanted posed, stilted,
>preening photos of my children. Give me good photos of children living
>their lives, not photos of children stuffed and mounted..;-)

>B. D.

Well, actually I agree 100%. But guess what, the one the parents chose
wasn't the one I posted. They liked the shot that was much more posed,
and much more smiling. . . and in my biased opinion, with a whole lot
less personality showing.  This has happened many times before and it
does get frustrating, which is why I admire the high street
photographers.  They have patience that I lack.

Simon Stevens

P.S. Thanks to everyone for taking a look and especially for taking the
time to comment.