Subject: [Leica] Re: Macro-Elmarit-R
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 08:49:05 -0700

At 10:37 AM 9/26/2001 -0400, Jim Hemenway wrote:

>Thanks John, I've been using the lens for "normal" shots as well as
>macro and want to use a polarizer occasionally.
>
>Anybody have a good idea where I can find one of these hoods?
>
>Jim

Go to:

http://www.imx.nl/photosite/leica/overview/listr.html

and you will find what you want by s/n.  Also, you can have Leica convert
an old 60/2.8 to E55 filter threads. I had one upgraded years ago. But the
current version I have is the old version as I like the hood/filter set-up.
A "Leica" series 8 circular polarizer fits in the hood and you put it in so
you see the yellow dot on the filter and hood. Put the hood on the lens and
there is a knob on the hood that rotates the filter while you are looking
through the camera. Just like the 24/2.8 hood filter setup. The older lens
also takes E60 screw-in filters. The older version is the best of both
worlds. A real hood, both screw-in and series 8 drop in filters. Hood is
12514. Same hood fits the 35/4 PA-Curtagon. An outstanding PC control lens.

Jim

Replies: Reply from Jim Hemenway <jim@hemenway.com> ([Leica] Fall Foliage Guide)