Subject: Re: [Leica] Self introduction and first info-seeking topic
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2001 22:04:56 -0400

At 11:21 AM 9/24/01 +1200, you wrote:

>The R8, have this ROM system just for flash. I do not see any advantage of
>this with regard to its cost. Perhaps, this has been discussed by this
>forum. If it had, please let me know the website so that I can visit. If
>not, please explain to this old man the logic and the advantage of such a
>step.
>The flash, SF20, is such a small and simplied unit for a system using ROM
>built into the lenses. What is the explanation?
>Eng

Eng -

Welcome to the LUG.  I have always been an available light photographer,
hating obvious flash with a passion.  A few weeks ago I got two SF20's to
use with my M6's and R8 when there is absolutely not enough light for a
Noctilux and for situations where fill-flash is needed.  I expected to be
disappointed in such a small flash with no bounce capabilities.  The only
explanation I can give is that you have to try it to believe it.  Out of
over 100 rolls from my last trip, almost all of the flash photos were
perfectly exposed and not at all obvious flash shots.  You just have to try it.

Leically,

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com