Subject: Re: [Leica] Noctilux
From: Mark Rabiner <>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 18:16:56 -0700

Having Neopan 1600 in my camera with the Noctilux makes you ready for anything
Except on a sunny day; on the sunny side of the street.
So a little neutral density would seem to be the thing.
Which if i had my way might as well be green, why not? More fun then grey! A 61
3 and 1/3rd stop green!
Well anyway putting glass in front of your Noctilux is some kind of abomination
against the anti-Fstop.
Mines the latest with the 60mm and built in hood.
Anyone ever try this? put a filter on the front? Vignetting? A repeating
kaleidoscopic effect? A peak into the 5th dimension? all or none of the above?

Mark Rabiner

Portland, Oregon

noctiluca (nk1t-l2k) n.
Any of various bioluminescent dinoflagellates of the genus Noctiluca that when
grouped in large numbers make the sea phosphorescent. [New Latin Noctiluca,
genus name, from Latin noctiluca, lantern, moon : nocti-, nocti- + lucTre, to
shine; see leuk- below.]

Replies: Reply from Guy Bennett <> (Re: [Leica] Re: Noctilux)
Reply from Jim Brick <> ([Leica] Re: Noctilux)
Reply from "Ted Grant" <> (Re: [Leica] Noctilux)