Subject: Re: [Leica] SF Restaurants
From: "tm" <leicar8@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 12:49:49 -0700

Joe:

Several months ago I flew to San Fran and took my sister to the Castro
theater to see the sing-along Sound of Music show. Before the show started,
we stopped in the bar at the corner of Castro and Market and, while sipping
vodka tonics, asked one of the bartenders to recommend an Italian restaurant
nearby. I can't remember the one he highly recommended, but it is about one
block east of Castro on the north side of Market Street and serves
outstanding food. It is a small place. I glanced at the menu and, much to my
surprise, found one of my favorite items, fresh gnocchi, on its pages which
stated it was accompanied by a bolognese sauce. The gnocchi was fantastic!
Once we had sated our appetites, we went to the theater with our Leica Z2-Xs
in hand and had a wonderful time. BTW, the name of the bar at Castro and
Market is, I think, Twin Peaks.

Terry