Subject: Re: [Leica] Kodachome processing
From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 21:23:58 -0700

Mark Rabiner wrote:
>>> But last week I brought in a roll of 3 Kodachromes in to CameraWorld
here in Portland Oregon.
> Got it back the next day. As is almost always the case.
> I guess Portland Oregon is one of the few civilized places left! :)<<<

Hi Mark,

OK Mark, tell the truth now, you have a secret KR lab stashed in Portland
that nobody has any idea it's there. Right?  :-)

When Kodak had the lab in Vancouver or in Toronto you could take KR in
before 10 a.m. and have it back by 4 p.m. the same afternoon.

But that isn't the case any longer as those labs were shut down and now all
KR processing in Canada is sent to the US and it takes some time before you
get it back.

Actually I gave up on Kodachrome after the lab was closed in Toronto as I
never had any idea when I'd get the processed film returned when it was
going to the US.  Besides there are many very fine E6 films on the market I
don't see any advantage using KR these days at all.

So OK, fess up now, where do you keep the secret KR lab in Portland? ;-)
ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant