Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: 280mm f/2.8 APO-Telyt-R
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2001 12:00:08 -0700

John B wrote:

> The test in the German mag was over the Leica MODULAR system 2.8/280mm.   The one where you can change the front group of elements and or the back group of elements to obtain different focal length/aperture combinations..  All tests I've seen over the NON MODULAR 2.8/280 indicate this is indeed an excellent lens, it's a pity this lens is no longer made.  The same can not be said for the Leica MODULAR system. "Adequate" to quote one magazine.
>
> John B

IN general quoting magazines does not cut it for me any more it kind of grates.
I've gotten cynical in my old age I guess.

Which magazine would give Leica and the Leica MODULAR system a fair shot?
I cant keep up with it!
I think the magazines have an interest in making it appear that all brands with
similar advertising budgets are roughly equal. Everyones in the ballgame.

The hypotenuse is roughly equal to the combined advertising budget.

Mark Rabiner

Portland, Oregon
USA

http://www.rabiner.cncoffice.com/