Subject: [Leica] Private Property and Buildings
From: Irving Greines <igreines@GMSR.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 14:09:41 -0700

If I were on public property, here's what I'd do:  I'd ask the so-called
private security officer to furnish his or her identification;  I'd then
right down the information; I'd then tell the person I am standing on public
property and have a first amendment right to be there and to photograph
anything I want to photograph.  I'd say that if he/she interferes in any way
with my right, I'm going to sue.  If the person continues to interfere, I'd
ask him/her to call the police or if I had a cell phone, I'd call the
police.  If more security personnel arrive, I'd say the more the merrier.
I'd ask for their ID's and write down the information.  I'd tell all of them
if they lay a finger on me, they can look forward to hearing from your
lawyer.

I would venture to guess that if you approach it this way, you'll scare the
hell out of them.