Subject: Re: [Leica] Private property and buildings
From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 08:20:28 -0700

Matt wrote:
>> I recently was taking photos of the State Penitentiary in Anamosa, Iowa.
It is massive and old stone building, built in the 1880s.  Creepy too, of
course.  After a bit a uniformed guard in a pick-up pulls up next.  He says,
"Da boss and dem want to know what yur takin' pictures for."  I wanted to
say that I am planning a jail break, but I was dutifully humble and
explained I liked the building and wanted a few photos of it.  I was
reprimanded.<<<<

>>.  On the way out of town, I got this shot and nobody challenged me in the
>taking of it. http://www.uni.edu/kollasch/photo/paw/pages/week-16.htm<<

Matt,

Far more story telling than an old prison building! Well composed and says
more about the prison than the building itself!

Although I think it would've been far more fun, of course in my weird sense
of humour and one had the guts, to tell him you were planing a break and
wondered how much explosive to blow a big hole in the place! :-)

With Leica at the ready..... smile and take his picture as he reacted! ;-)
ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant