Subject: Re: [Leica] Noct vs 50 'lux
From: "John R. Fulton Jr." <JRFjr@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 11:06:03 -0500

>. The latest version has a
>mount that focuses to 0.7m and a built in hood. That is as good as it gets
>for now (which is pretty darn good indeed).
>
>John Collier

Thanks one and ALL for the replies to my question about whether
there's a new 50 'lux.
John-your mention of the 0.7m minimum focus is key. Use to be that
the Summicron went to .7 and the 'lux to 1 meter (or yard). Anyway,
too darn far for my tastes. With my (old) 35 'lux I'm constantly
frustrated by the minimum distance.
If the new 50 'lux goes to .7 that is enough of a "redesign" for me.
Again, thanks ALL for your answering my question.
John Fulton