Subject: Re: [Leica] Noct vs 50 'lux
From: "Steve LeHuray" <icommag@toad.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2001 08:53:42 -0500

I believe there was a minor optical redesign of the 50/1.4 in the early
'60s. The current Summilux is different in that it has a telescoping lens
hood, otherwise, optically it is the same as my 1970 model with clip on
hood. From what I have read Leica has no plans to change the 50/1.4 for the
foreseeable future. Hard to improve on what is already very good.

sl