Subject: [Leica] Kodak (American) vs Leica (German) quality
From: "Duane Birkey" <duanebirkey@andinanet.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 21:43:37 -0500

I've never seen a Ektra in person.... My best view was in an episode of
M.A.S.H.  Anyhow.. they are fairly rare and I wouldn't buy a lens without a
body!!!!  and for the money it should cost you.... I'd buy something Leica
for shooting day to day........

But you really can't compare American vs German quality as I think the
Ektras were made in Stuttgart Germany and the lenses made by Schneider in
Germany as well...  much like the Retina cameras........ which are really
quite nice little folders  (I happen to have a couple in my collection)

Duane Birkey

HCJB World Radio
Quito Ecuador
Duane's Photographs of Ecuador