Subject: Re: [Leica] Did Kodak at one time beat Leica in terms of lens quality???
From: "Emanuel Lowi" <mano@proxyma.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2001 19:12:32 -0400

I'm not surprised that the Kodak lenses for the Ektra performed so well. The Ektra
was Kodak's great attempt at making a camera in the Leica/Contax rangefinder league.
A bit gadget-festooned, yes, and today usually not reliable, it was still an
admirable "Made in USA" attempt at a pro caliber 35mm camera. Bell & Howell also made
the "Foton" camera during the same era, superior to Kodak's Ektra, also with its own
set of lenses. Our own M. J. Small may be able to fill in the many details I've
forgotten about these Leica hunters, which were the equivalents (in yesteryear's
marketplace) of today's Contax G2 and Hexar RF kits.

Emanuel Lowi
Montreal