Subject: [Leica] leica pinhole shots
From: Summicron1@aol.com
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 11:59:32 EDT

no need to get defensive -- you put the photo up for criticism, you got it.
Learn.

Pinhole photography is a totally different and very demanding school of the
art. It gives photos a whole new feel and opens new vistas for the artist to
explore. Your photo does none of those and is really not much more than a
snapshot, something to show your technique works.

fine. Now put some effort into it. Read a few books on pinhole photography,
check out the web sites (there are many) experiment with light and shadow and
movement, and see what can be done with a "lens" that is infinitely in focus
but never really sharp. Make a Large Format pinhole out of a coffee can and
see what that does for you. I know one guy who made one out of a Minox film
can.

Pinhole cameras are serious instruments, but being extremely basic cameras
they require much from the photographer. Even Ansel Adams did some work with
them and spoke highly of the possibilities..

You could easily end up with something that you can market. Others have.

charlest trentelman
ogden
utah

In a message dated 9/3/01 1:07:09 AM, owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us