Subject: [Leica] Stolen Leicas--How do you prevent that from happening?
From: "Gary Klein" <leicaman_99@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 08:57:12 -0500

I had a Nikon F2 stolen when I was in college.  Still remember that serial
number of that camera, F2 7177513.  It had a 20mm UD Nikkor on it at the
time.  Boy was I a peeved guy when that happened.  Its a great thing they
didn't get my F2 T which I still have.

Ever since, I have been very very very careful.  I make it a point not
letting anyone see me stow my gear and I take along the least equipment that
I need for a given job.  You just have to be vigilant about your
surroundings to prevent these kinds of things happen.

gck