Subject: [Leica] RE: My web site
From: Félix López de Maturana <fmaturana@inicia.es>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 15:44:44 +0200

"I also have a comment on your accompanying text. You write (regarding the
Noctilux shot) that you do not think it is a good picture. I think you
should
let the viewers make that determination. If you really do not think a
particular picture is not good, then do not put it on the web (unless you
intend it as an illustration of some technique in the context of a
tutorial).
If you do put a picture on the web, then you should not make excuses for
it--and in this case none are needed."

Thanks Natham for your critic. Let me now to make my autocritic. This
picture is slightly underexposed and rather grainy. The wish of exploring
the limits of the Noctilux and the necessity of getting the candles in red,
drove me to choose a colour 1600 ASA film which of course restricted
strongly the contrast. Same picture in slower film and with the camera
fitted on a tripod will have produced a better result but it was not the
idea. But I thought that I should get the true limits of the lens in a warm
atmosphere. I hope I did.

Kind regards

Félix