Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Pinhole shot
From: "George Kenney" <georgekenney@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2001 21:31:01 -0400

Well, my first scan!

Not a particularly great shot, but I really liked the way the pinhole
cap on the Leica body captured the modern style of this building
complex, the Intelsat headquarters in Washington, DC, near where
I live. The only technical detail I can think of that would be of any
interest is my camera position -- about ten feet off the ground,
mounted on a tripod in the back of my Jeep.

This was scanned at 4000 dpi, but that creates too big a file for
disply on the web, obviously. The original conveys a greater sense
of even focus, whereas the reduced jpeg seems, well, just sort of
blurry.

I'll be tinkering with color for a month or so, but intend the scanner
mainly or exclusively for BW negatives I develop myself, but which I
won't be able to print digitally until the piezography people come out
with an aftermarket kit for the Epson 1280, which they say they will
make available sometime in September.

http://www.photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=145719

G.

Replies: Reply from "George Kenney" <georgekenney@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: Leica Pinhole shot)