Subject: Re: [Leica] confirmation of starting development times was fun projects
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 20:21:42 -0700

Don Dory wrote:

> Mark, thanks for your response.  I'm working out Pan F to replicate Rei's
> Noctilux pic's.  I share a Noctilux with someone who usually has possession
> but I always have the 75.  I want to use the 75 in daylight wide open which
> means a film no faster than 50.  I will probably work out times for an EI of
> 12 before this is over.
>
> Why don't I use Tech-Pan?  I find tech pan a pain to use, red sensitivity
> and technidol needing to be mixed just before use the main culprits.
>
> Why don't I use a ND.  I really don't want to spend the money on a 60 size
> filter until I work out the details of the wide open 75 and sometime
> Noctilux.
>
> Oh, now that I've overcome my envy, congratulations on the Noctilux.  Please
> drive me crazy with lots of posts showing what it can do.
>
> Don
> dorysrus@mindspring.com

I bet you could get a 99 dollar Acculab scale and quickly mix up an ultra low
contrast Pota formula or the equiv. in no time flat.

And i think with an otherwise very useful yellow-green filter you'd not get any
funny looks from people on the red sensitivity issue. Me i use that filter a lot
anyway but not with the Noctilux. Yet.
The Not-ya-filter?
 But that  Tech-Pan may just cost to damn much.
Instead of an ND id just get a deep red or deep green and really mess with the image.
But I'm going to find out from the filter connection just how UN kosher filters
are on the Noctilux. Maybe they'd be not so terrible maybe they'd completely
defect the point of their design. Which much of it is the elimination of what i
think of as "Kojak" blobs. Little UFOs in your picture. Amongst others.
A thin Heliopan perhaps.

Film at 11. But not this 11. Give me a couple a daze.

Mark Rabiner

Portland, Oregon
USA

http://www.rabiner.cncoffice.com/