Subject: Re: [Leica] Filters for M
From: Guy Bennett <gbennett@lainet.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 17:08:13 -0800

>I am looking at going to the B&W filter brand for my M lens.  What are you
>all using if any? TIA.
>Sam

I use both B&W and Heliopan filters, but in the future will be buying only
Heliopan, which concede nothing to the B&W in terms of build or glass
quality. Why? Because all Heliopan filters now use a "slim" mount, reducing
the possibility of vignetting with wide angles and allowing you to use the
hood *over* the filter with the 24 and 21 lenses, something I was not able
to do with the B&W, whose mount is considerably thicker.

Guy