Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Noctilux for Rabs
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 14:01:36 -0700

Victor Wek wrote:

> Pss... do not tell anyone.
> Fortunately, repair was easy, it cost me nothing. I patched the hole, and
> possible curtain replacement can be done at next CLA, after ~10 years.
>
> Victor
> Earth, Solar System
> http://communities.msn.ca/VictorPhoto
>
> Rei wrote:
> >From: Rei Shinozuka <shino@ubspainewebber.com>
> >Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Noctilux for Rabs
> >
> >let me guess.  the combination of direct sunlight and the light >gathering
> >power of the noct burned a hole through the shutter, film, >pressure plate,
> >back door and started singing your cheek before you >realized it?
> >
> >- -rei

Am putting an Op/Tech "HOOD HAT" "small" over my lens often when i am out
walking with it. That instead of a lens cap. I don't' use lens caps anyway but i
was going to make an exception on this thing. And this "HOOD HAT" protects the
whole lens. I've got it in my back pocket when i take it off.

http://www.optechusa.com/lens.htm#LENS

Mark Rabiner

Portland, Oregon
USA