Subject: Re: [Leica] travel to Greece.
From: "Sandy Carter" <sc-photo@home.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 00:07:42 -0700

Hello Ed

Yes, there's no shortage of terrible traffic congestion, pollution and the
usual pitfalls of a large city, but the Plaka (the oldest section of Athens)
I found to be well worth the visit. I only had one day there and would loved
to have been able to stay longer! I'd recommend getting to the Plaka early
morning. It's relatively quiet then, but the light was magical and you can
observe the area waking. Although I didn't get to spend time there at night,
I understand the area comes alive!

As for islands, I only visited Crete. Spent some time in Iraklio then rented
a car and traveled to a little place call Sitkia. Beautiful little Greek
village. Beware - the people are warm, welcoming and don't be surprised if
you're invited into the home of the local taxi driver for a glass of local
vino!

Have a lovely time
sandy
www.sandycarterphotography.com