Subject: Re: [Leica] Stolen Leicas--serial number partials posted
From: Rei Shinozuka <shino@ubspainewebber.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 11:33:08 -0400 (EDT)

i'd be disinclined to subscribe to this theory.  mainly because the
grifters would need to continually get the police, if not courts involved
to contest ownership.  they might succeed in intimidating current owners
into surrendering their equipment, i suppose.

if there are documented cases, i'd be interested in hearing about them.

- -rei