Subject: Re: [Leica] Stolen Leicas--serial number partials posted
From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 15:58:55 -0700

Hi Pablo,

In reality the reason some hold to publishing only the partial serial
numbers is,  there are unscrupulous characters who know how to make use of
the full serial number then claim, some with, I suppose falsified paper
work, showing the exact serial number as the camera being discussed on the
internet is the very one they had stolen!

Does this really happen? I have no idea, but it's a theory as posted on the
LUG  & LEG of many years. I suppose it's very possible given the no good
rotten SOB's in the world who'd steal from their mothers!

So now you know why many of the good Leica folks only put down partial
serial numbers.
ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant