Subject: Re: [Leica] High speed B&W film experiences
From: "Mārtiņš Zelmenis" <martin@lrpv.lv>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 19:21:58 +0300

Dear Aric,

I use BW film a lot, but my experiences are rather conservative. Usually I
go for smaller grain (and you can't get it with TMAX 3200 - but then it's a
reliable film, and its got a distinct, but quite beautiful grain - IMHO),
and with old-type films (like PanF) I tend to use Perceptol, while for more
modern films I find liquid Ilford HC developer quite practical (diluted
1:31; 8 mins standard development time). When exploring Leica optics nothing
beats XP films for me.
I admit I haven't tried Diafine or Xtol - so I can't offer any comparison.

Martin