Subject: Re: [Leica] First Images from the 35/1.4 ASPH and the 50/1.4
From: Rei Shinozuka <shino@ubspainewebber.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 07:49:18 -0400 (EDT)

since i've been shooting leica optics wide-open, i've also noticed
the unique 3-d effect.  from what i recall from my probably-now-obsolescent
computer vision studies,  the eye translates certain queues into
the 3-D experience, stereopsis and perspectival hints being the most
prominent, the subtle queues being tonal gradation, and plane-of-focus
sharpness.

i used to like making contrasty edge-to-edge sharp images; in other words,
photographs with the 3-D quality of a hanna-barbera cartoon.

- -rei