Subject: [Leica] First Images from the 35/1.4 ASPH and the 50/1.4
From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 21:33:35 -0700

I had bought these 2 lenses used in the recent past... this weekend there
was a Renaissance Fair in the area, and I took  my 2 lenses out for a
workout.

I am a bit of a nut for 3D imagery.. that look you get from certain lenses,
that look that with only 1 image, no trickery of optics or electronics. The
image just seems to be 3D.  I think I hit the jackpot....

The 50 at 1.4 is certainly in that camp... very close to the results I got
from the 75.....  And this was in keeping with what I was told to expect....
very nice areas of creaminess.  It is a keeper.

The 35 is what surprised me... I think I got the same results!  I must go
back and shoot that lens again.. the reports say this should not happen,
but....... maybe I confused the 2 lenses when I took the shots......

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net