Subject: [Leica] A new VF magnifier?
From: Photovilla@aol.com
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 00:07:15 EDT

<<

Here's an interesting gizmo for M telephoto users. Erwin Puts, in his latest
email newsletter, indicates that Leica has produced a 1.25x add-on viewfinder
magnifier for the M6, that he says works like a charm for to increase the
focus accuracy and subject visibility with 75, 90 and 135 lenses. It would
make a .58 into a .72, the .72 finder becomes the equivalent of the M3
(0.9x), and the .85 finder stretches to 1.06x! He gave no indication of when
it will be available, but it's probably worth a look for long-lens users.  My
dealer has a call in to Lisle-Kelco to see about availability.

Does anyone have any more info on this?

Paul

I have heard that it turns the .72 into a 1.25... not like the M3, but even
more tele...but other than that it is still not in production nor is an
official price available yet. I doubt anyone has it " in stock" as I called a
friend in Germany and they have not seen them yet...

I'm not sure what it is supposed to turn the .58 into, but it should be at
least .72 I guess...?

I also heard that it ties onto a strap lug when not in use. Very slick indeed!

Still, I would say that it will stand to be the most desired accessory in the
Leica line when it comes out!

cheers,
Rich
www.photovillage.com