Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Filters for 28mm SA PC
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 13:01:19 -0700

Tom Furlotte wrote:

> The Hood Hat by OpTech comes in four sizes and actually fits on the hood
> somewhat like a showercap.  It is made of neoprene and can stretch
> enough to accommodate many sizes of lens and hood.
> Tom Furlotte
> Memphis TN USA

I just got one last week, the mini. IT's the smallest one but about the only M
lens it'll have much use on which i have is the 24. All the rest of the lenes
would be to small. Maybe if one had the 75 1.4 that would be think enough. It's
almost small enough for my 90 apo Asph but not quite. So i have it on the 24. It
kind of protects the whole lens from shock as well as the front element. That
hood cap on the 24 M is kind of slippery and one day it will be gone and I'll
go. "Another 50 bucks down the drain." This cost me 11 and i think might do a
better job. Even if it's not made of recycled go-kart tires.
I'm a real fan of the company it seems. I use there tripod leg warmers. And
their strap for my Hasselblad.
This month i tried using their strap for my Leica but found it too fat;
and red.
The Domke straps rule. I'm using a slightly thicker one. But i just fond some
thin Blonde ones in an old camera store so I'm going there today to get one for
my chrome body.

Mark Rabiner

Portland, Oregon
USA