Subject: RE:[Leica] Anyone have this problem with their R8?
From: Félix López de Maturana <fmaturana@inicia.es>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 09:14:03 +0200

"I have had my R8 for about 6 months now and it leaks light. I traced this
the film window. I sent it to Leica repair and they supposidly adjusted it
and I still have the same problem.

It only happens when the camera back is exposed to direct sunlight. I get
vertical streaks of light.

I noticed that on my Canon EOS-1V the window is heavily tinted. Anyway has
anyone one else had this problem? What is the solut"

What are your experiences  using two of the best SLR available? I did a
short period of time but your opinion could be much more founded. Don´t mind
if someone thinks that one of the two is a plastic crap, in fact most of it
is magnesium alloy, but your opinion will be highly interesting for me,
another Leica user.

Kind regards

Félix