Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Photoshop 5 LE files darker than they look
From: "Mxsmanic" <mxsmanic@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 12:23:46 +0200

Rei writes:

> good points--until something breaks.   then the
> widening circle of upgrades engulfs you:

That is my greatest fear.  Something breaks, you can't replace it with the
identical article, so you have to buy something new.  But that starts a huge
snowball of mandatory hardware and software upgrades, until you end up with a
completely new system.  It can take months to get something usable again.  If
you are running a business, you can go under during that time.

It's no big deal for all the geeks who never actually _use_ their computers to
begin with; but for people who use the computer as something other than just an
excuse to justify buying hardware and software, and for people who use the
computer for business, it's a nightmare come true.