Subject: Re: [Leica] (WWII)
From: S Dimitrov <sld@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2001 01:00:00 -0700

After that reminder, through Pascal's work, I went walking around the
upper reservation of Fort MacArthur, San Pedro CA. I bumped into a
platoon of the 82nd Airborne Living History Association doing a training
exercise. These guys were incredibly conscientious about the accuracy of
their uniforms and equipment. They had a number of books with them to
gauge their correctness. When I looked through some of the books I
noticed that a lot of the images were made with a 35mm. Probably
unauthorized personal shots, as at that time the official camera of the
day was the Speedgraphic, or some other knock off. It made me debate
internally whether to go back to my car and get the Leica out, or the
TLR so as to stay in period with them. I had with me the Rollei SLR. As
I was already at the 8-9 roll into it, I decided to finish up with the
SLR. they were really good about it, as I literally crawled all over them.
After printing what I need, I'll give the guys the extras for their
website. If they post them I'll the list know.

http://www.mypage.onemain.com/db1014476/db1014476.html

 Slobodan Dimitrov